10 July 2005

Time in Ireland

An Irish blessing goes,
"May you have warm words on a cold evening,
A full moon on a dark night,
And the road downhill all the way to your door."

Although we stayed at the top of a killer hill in Clifden, Ireland (one that definitely left us short of breath but with stronger legs) our time was filled with "warm words," great conversation, and wonderful Irish music and song throughout the cold, mist-filled days and nights. We fell in love with the streets of Clifden...especially Beach road which I tried to run everyday. Our day trips into wild western Ireland were breathtaking. Back in the states, as I sit at my computer in our nation's capitol I am processing the sites, silence, and emotions of the green isle.
Below is a photo-journal of our time in Ireland.

The Clifden School House

Clifden, Ireland
On the Path to Clifden Castle
Clifden Castle
Beach Road, Clifden
Tim and me at Kylemore Abbey
Boats at Kylemore Abbey
Becca and Hannah at a Pub in Letterfrack
Tim on Connemara Golf Course, Ballyconnelly

Connemara Beach
Cate and me on Connemara Beach
Pete, Becca, and Tim at O'Dowds Pub in Roundstone
Tim, Pete, and me in Roundstone
Ferry to Inishbofin
Matt and Abi on the ferry to Inishbofin
Cromwell's Fort, Inishbofin
St. Coleman's Abbey, Inishbofin
Bike riding in Inishbofin
Hannah and me on the beach at Inishbofin
Delphi, Ireland
Geoff and Becca at Killary Harbor in Leenane
Geoff, Tim, and Pete at Killary Harbor in Leenane
Tim and me in Leenane

5 comments:

Becca said...

You're home!!! Safe and sound ... yea!

Love the photos ... thank you for not posting the "calling of the goddess" shot ... got nervous half way down your post! We miss you so much ... it is very warm and very sunny in Oxford ... beautiful and comfortable accomodations ... no challenge ... absolutely no challenge ... except getting Susannah out of the shops and Hannah out of Starbucks! lots and lots of love ... wish you were here ... really!

abi said...

I love the pictures! I'm so glad we were able to be there all together. Definately a great vacation...

Anonymous said...

Hey! I love your choice of pictures! Now that we are here in Oxford, Susannah and I miss Ireland so much! For different reasons of course...For example, I dont miss Ireland for Didi.

Anonymous said...

Hey Didi here!ah a bit disappointed that hannah dont miss me! :(
ya prob wont c this blog,tell susannah i said hi,if ya do c her!hey maybe i will come visit,will ye put me up,juss mess'n

Anonymous said...

Hey Didi here!ah a bit disappointed that hannah dont miss me! :(
ya prob wont c this blog,tell susannah i said hi,if ya do c her!hey maybe i will come visit,will ye put me up,juss mess'n