

This evening I ran down by the Capitol right into the middle of an immigration rally (I had no idea it was going on). You never do know what to expect in DC. I dodged in and out of the packs of people holding "We Are America" signs, families, little kids waving American flags. They successfully took over a large part of the National Mall. Then after listening to someone scream into a microphone, the large mass of people took over Constitution Avenue stopping rush hour traffic and also enveloping my husband who was riding his bike home.
I was relieved to be home, to water my plants, and to stretch on the floor and watch Barefoot Contessa. I took some pictures of my porch plants and posted them above.
And in honor of being American, Tim and I are eating pizza, drinking Bud Light (actually, Tim is. I am drinking red wine), and switching back and forth between the opening night of the NFL season and the U.S. Open. Ahh!

No comments:
Post a Comment