11 February 2007

Dog Lover, Who Me?

At the risk of being perceived as an obnoxious obsessive dog lover and owner...




Pippin had his first major trip to the park today. Lincoln Park is a large park in between 11th and 13th Streets, a few blocks from our house. As we approached the park Tim said to Pippin, "You may now enter heaven." And that is exactly what Lincoln Park is for dogs: heaven. Pippin played with every dog who would play with him for 2 hours...his longest outing yet. We met our friends at the park to introduce our dogs. They have a large Swiss Mountain dog. Pippin didn't quite know what to do with him since he couldn't even reach his neck jumping. He also got in a scuffle with a boxer that was interesting to say the least. Tim had to wrestle the boxer to the ground and unclench his jaws which had Pippin's neck in their grasp. I never realized the dog sub-culture that existed on Capitol Hill. We met a ton of new people today, and Pippin met their dogs. We will definitely be making this a weekly event.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't they get big so fast! I wish I took more pictures of Macy when she was a tiny pup!
Great news about the park... its wonderful to have open space nearby for him run around and get a lot of energy out!

Anonymous said...

Liz - I receive Daily Candy e-mails for the DC area, and this was one that I thought you and Tim might be interested in!

DRINK - Wine Tasting
What: The Wine Bar at Bistrot Lepic is giving free samples of Chateau de Bloy and Gaillac, plus 20 percent off the entire wine list.
When: Thurs., 6-8 p.m.
Where: 1736 Wisconsin Ave. NW, b/t R & S Sts. (202-333-0111).

And your dog is adorable. No shame in posting pictures!

Jodi said...

Hey Liz,
My oh my how little Pippen has grown. Still cute as a button. Don & I have met more people since we became Maddie's parents. It is amazing, who are all of these people, and why didn't we know them before. Enjoy your dog park visits. And ... post lots of pictures.
Love you, Jodi

charlotte said...

way too adorable...Pippin, how sweet! thanks for the link! xoC