01 August 2009

We are renovating our kitchen. I have to go outside, down two flights of stairs, through another door and then through our basement apartment to the back of the apartment where our temporary kitchen is located to make coffee, pour milk into Ian's bottle and then walk through the apartment out the basement front door up two more flights of stairs to sit down and feed Ian his bottle while sipping what little bit of my coffee is left after walking up two flights of stairs with a one year old sticking his hand into my coffee while trying not to trip over my corgi that insists on following me everywhere even at 5:30am in the morning which is when Ian feels it is necessary to wake up. How is that for a run-on? But seriously...this is my life at moment.

So it is understandable that Ian and I took off for the week to be with my family in the Outer Banks. It should also be understandable why I never really blogged about Ian's birthday or the fact that we are searching for a new nanny for Ian (anyone looking for a job?) or that our pomegranates are almost ready to be picked but our tomatoes haven't turned yet. Also, I read a great book a few weeks back- Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver. I meant to blog about that too but the kitchen renovation has taken over my life.

Below are a few pictures of our kitchen renovations. Sorry, they go in reverse order and I don't really have the time to change them all. Our trip to the Outer Banks really deserves its own space so I will be posting on that soon!






No comments: