I spent the week before going back to work at my parent's house in Pennsylvania. It was great timing as I got sick the day I left. It was wonderful to have my family there to help me take care of Ian and Emma while I had the flu. My mom let me sleep in every morning. I didn't want to leave! While at my parents house we took Ian to a creek nearby. He loved splashing around in the water. It was so beautiful out as well. Ian and Emma also got to spend more time with their great-grandparents which is always so special!
This past weekend we traveled to Pittsburgh to meet Matt's wife Elisabeth. Matt is in Afghanistan right now so Elisabeth traveled to Pittsburgh on her own to meet the family. Elisabeth is amazing and it was great to meet her. She spent five hours in the kitchen one day making dinner for all of us. She held Emma for me during the entire church service. And she is so fun to be around. We spent most of the weekend catching up with family. Hannah and Brock drove down from Cleveland. Hannah is going to be the most amazing mother. She attached herself to Emma for the entire weekend, so much so that I even had a chance to read a book. Imagine that! We spent the weekend preparing for fall and even roasted marshmallows over a fire one night. Emma finally got to meet her Chapman great-grandparents (Grand mamma and Grand pappa). Thank goodness for these wonderful times with family to get us through the work week!
1 comment:
"and we didn't go to applefest, a decision I still regret."
fixed it.
Post a Comment