03 February 2011


There is a lost Thomas train in my office. Ian came into work with me last Saturday. I had a lot to finish up as this was my last week. Next week I will officially become a full time mom. Well sort of. I will still do consulting on the side, but only four times a year so yes, I am now technically a full time mom.

Some funny Ianisms...
Ian has a nightly prayer list. It includes Mommy, Daddy, Pippin, Santa, Andrew (Becky's boyfriend), pictures, lights, and his bedroom door. However, the other night Andrew got dropped off the list. Tyrone our exterminator now obviously has issues that we need to pray for. So we pray for Mommy, Daddy, Pippin, Santa, Tyrone, Ian's pictures, lights, and closet door. Emma is so sweet and harmless that she does not need prayer at this time and Ian is obviously expecting big presents from Santa next year.

The next day Ian says, "Mommy, I love Tyrone." As long as the mice and roaches stay away I do to!
Ian is so into Caillou these days. It is really the only thing we let him watch. Other than fighter planes of course. He wants Caillou to come over and play.

Ian hangs on our every word these days. You can't say much around him without him becoming completely concerned. Last night some animal chewed through our trash can to get at our trash and I was telling Tim and Ian started asking, "Mommy, why raccoon eat our trash? Mommy, why rat eat our trash?" He would not let it go.

The other day, Tim told Ian that when he was younger his shoulder popped out of its socket and Grandpa had to pop it back in. That night it took Ian quite a long time to fall asleep. He was so concerned about Tim's arm, and very interested in how Grandpa actually popped it back in.

I would just love to be a two year old for a couple of minutes again to see how their mind works. Sometimes I think Ian is so witty! We were talking about summer vacation and I asked him where mice went on vacation (not sure why I asked this but I am sure it had to do with something we were talking about) and he said, "Dunkin Donuts!." I was laughing so hard.

We had a little bit of snow here a few days ago and Ian and I went outside after Emma fell asleep to build a snowman. All New Englanders will laugh at our snow "gear". We did make a great snowman though!

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Hi Liz - I love the Ian and Emma stories - so glad you wrote those comments down- you will want to remember those when he's older and you'll forget little details.

Just thought of a great title for the little book you will write - The Amazing Adventures of Ian and Emma! (you can't write about poop, but you will probably be able to include hiding unwanted vegetables and runaway dogs)

Hi to all of you - xoxo