16 May 2005

Revisiting our Past


This past weekend my husband and I drove to our alma mater for family graduations. We had a wonderful, and somewhat relaxing weekend with family and friends. As we drove around the North Shore of Boston (and we did a lot of driving) we revisited a lot of memories. We drove by past houses, favorite restaurants, and where we had our engagement dinner (photo above).

I had the chance to go on a five mile run on the coast of Rockport. It was incredibly relaxing and invigorating. I kept stopping to stare out at the calm ocean and decided to run to where Tim proposed. It still takes my breath away..it is a beautiful expanse of coast,on the rocks of Rockport, off a secluded footpath, where all you can see is the ocean...and it remains unchanged.

Other things have changed however. The restuarant where we had our engagement dinner has closed. Our friend Jaime is opening her own clothing boutique Ula Blue in June. Everyone wants to know when you are having children. I am now having meaningful conversations with my eleven year old brother. And my younger sisters are cooler than me.

This weekend was a blessing, and nothing less.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can picture the whole run ... what a beautiful spot to remember wonderful times! Your neice is adorable ... adorable ... adorable.