02 March 2008

A Little Taste

For a little taste into what it is like being pregnant...
- being pregnant is sleeping for two hours, then laying in bed for two hours making a mental list of everything that you need to do before the baby is born, going downstairs to get a glass of orange juice hoping the hunger pains will subside, getting up to use the bathroom 8 plus times, getting completely and totally frustrated with your husband and dog who are both snoring and seem to care little about the fact that you are carrying their baby/sibling and are having an awful time resting, finally giving in and getting out of bed around 4am to read blogs and finish off the box of saltines that you opened earlier that day.

Luckily tomorrow is Sunday and other than church we have no real plans.

To take my mind off of the fact that I can't sleep I am remembering the delicious meal that Tim and I shared earlier this evening (which to think of it probably is the cause of this sleepless night)...Tim and I finally went out for Valentines Day. Our friends love Montmartre, a French restaurant on 7th Street, SE near Eastern Market so we had to see what all the fuss was about. Boy did it live up to the hype. We had an amazing meal (rockfish with red beet risotto and roasted asparagus followed by a scrumptious blueberry tart), the service was efficient, and the whole evening was just relaxed and totally fun! Then we came home and I made Tim watch Con Air which is probably one of THE most cheesiest movies ever, but for some reason I love it.

Here is to hoping that all of my other fellow pregnanties are fast asleep...and if not please google chat me.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Happy Halfway Point! I am sorry you are having trouble sleeping...one of the wonderful side effects of pregnancy--even during the "easy" second trimester.

Steph said...

As I was tossing and turning last night and counting to 1,000; I was so tempted to get up and see if you were awake- we're going to have to figure out how to smoke signal.