27 March 2008

Sorry I haven't posted recently. And yes, this is a post just to post post. I have been feeling guilty lately about not blogging but my creative juices just aren't really flowing right now. My friend Steph's blog is hilarious and I literally laugh out loud when I read her blog. I feel very inadequate after reading her blog...she is just so darn funny!

I have another good reason for not posting. Tim and I recently went to California for a mini vacation. We had such a great time and the coast was absolutely stunning. It is hard to melt back into reality after visiting such an enchanting place as Carmel, CA.

Not sleeping has also taken its toll on me. I sleep for literally 2 hours a night if I am lucky. The rest of the time I stuff my face trying to coax my baby boy into a food coma so that he falls back to sleep and stops kicking me in the bladder. It doesn't always work and therefore Tim and I have become zombies and somewhat reclusive (if I don't sleep Tim doesn't sleep). We close our shades at 7pm hoping we can fall asleep early. It doesn't work so I have started to become most productive between the hours of 2am and 5am. Pippin's schedule is totally screwed up. Our neighbors are confused by our trash appearing on the curb at 4:30am. I have already planned my spring cleaning during sunrise hours next week.

So, yes this post was full of excuses but I do feel better now after getting them all out. Promise to post pictures of our babymoon soon!

3 comments:

Steph said...

Oh thank god! You're alive! I was getting nervous. I am so sorry to hear about the sleeping. I've been able to sleep but have been plagued by crazy dreams- like I've lost my memory and only Bruce Willis can help. yeah. BIG HUGS!
Also thank you for the shout out (blushing)

Anonymous said...

I am sorry about no sleep! That's awful ... but perhaps when the little one arrives you will already be accustomed to no sleep and it won't be such a shock. That's one way to look at it ... but I am sorry ... everyone needs sleep! Can't wait for photos of CA.

Maureen said...

Sorry you are not sleeping (and Tim too!) but if it's any consolation - you look great!! It was so good seeing you last week for lunch. You are adorable and you certainly have that "pregnancy glow."