08 August 2008

Ian's First Road Trip

I am embarrassed that it has taken me this long to post about our trip to Ohio and Pennsylvania to visit Tim's family. We had such a wonderful time and it is hard to sum up the trip in one little post. The weather was gorgeous- no humidity- so we spent all of our time outside: eating, watching the guys play tennis, enjoying Tim's grandparents beautiful property, wine and cigars in Tim's parents backyard, and even yoga outside on their porch. I don't think Tim and I held Ian once all weekend except for when I was feeding him. He was loved and loved and passed from uncle to aunt to grandparent to great grandparent to second cousin. It was a great trip as Ian spent his first night in Aurora, Ohio: a place that is very special to both Tim and me.


Meeting the Chapman great grandparents for the first time

Tim's grandmother made Ian this amazing quilt.


Four generations

Hanging out with Aunt Cate and Uncle Pete

Aunt Hannah and Uncle Brock (Brock is a little scared of babies)

Ian's first morning in Aurora- does life get better than this?


Pooped after a such a busy weekend

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What wonderful photos!

I hope that someday I'll get to see Ian in person.

Much love,
Patty

Jon (was) in Michigan said...

Yeah, Liz!

I totally missed congratulating you on the new baby.

So, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Nice pics. :)

Anonymous said...

You are such amazing parents to let all of us hold your little Ian ALL the time! Thanks for coming out here! Lots of love from Sewickley ...