18 August 2008

Just the three of us...

Tim started his new job today after a long time off. These last six weeks (has it really been 6 weeks?) have been wild. Our lives have changed so much and Ian has changed even more. He is much more alert and stares right into my eyes. I love that!

I also know his preferences and how he likes to be held demonstrated by my sister Becky when she was in DC visiting.

Some other things I have learned in the last several weeks:

*what gives Ian gas, what I should not eat, and that the gas relief medicine is a lifesaver when I forget

*Pippin is extremely protective of Ian and me. He will attempt to attack you and your dog if you come closer than 10 feet to the two of us.

* I can blog, check my email, and purchase things online while nursing and holding Ian.

* It is really quiet in our neighborhood during the day. Tim says it is so quiet if you sit on our back porch and only stare at our white decking you can pretend you are in the Outer Banks.

* Being a parent of a six week old totally screws with your memory. I swear I had more things that I have learned but now I can't think of anything.



My friend Danielle asked that she not be featured on the blog but this picture is just too good not to share. Danielle is amazing with kids. She talked to Ian and taught him many things the entire time she was holding him. She has totally inspired me to be much more vocal with Ian.

No comments: