11 September 2008

Two momentous things happened today. Ian smiled (I mean really smiled) and I took a shower.

The later one first. I showered today. I feel like a new woman. I won't tell you how long it has been, you'll cease being my friend. Granted Ian woke up just as I was starting to shave my left leg so I am a bit off balanced, but I am clean. Ian has been much more demanding lately and the schedule I posted a month and a half ago has gone to the wind. Ian has no schedule and every day is different. Just when I think we are getting on a schedule Ian decides to switch things up a bit and instead of feeding every three hours is hungry every two and a half hours or instead of being awake during the day and asleep at night is now incredibly difficult to keep up during the day, doses off and on for hours, and then is up at 4:00am (more on that later).

Ian is much more alert now, can hold his head up on his own, and loves to look around (the football hold is great for this). When he is asleep I end up emailing, catching up on phone calls, and attempting to keep the house clean and orderly instead of showering. His favorite position is still over the shoulder so much of my day looks like this:

Now on to the smiling. Ian has been waking up several times a night this week just to hang out. He is not hungry and doesn't really want to be held he just wants to look around and drum roll...smile!

This morning at 4am Ian smiled at me. He really smiled. And then he made the most adorable noise that I wish I caught on video. It was just so darn cute I could not be mad at him for waking me up. I let him watch the latest Project Runway episode which I had tivo'd as a reward. He was very excited that Blaynelicious finally got kicked off and smiled some more.

1 comment:

Steph said...

OHMYGOD, we're living parellel lives. (esp. on showering-eeey) I absolutely love the pic of him on your shoulder. Augh! I have so much to say I'll email you! But big yays to smiles!