Good Luck to everyone who is running this weekend! I know your training will pay off and you all will do great. I look forward to your post-race posts.
I, on the other hand, am still training. I am scheduled to do my 24-26 mile run this weekend before tappering off. However, the forecast looks like rain, rain, and more rain. I don't mind running in the rain, but downpours?
I heard that when you start tappering, your body can become depressed. After thriving on long runs for so long, your body becomes sluggish. However, the tappering, while seemingly harmful at first begins to rejuvinate your body in time for the marathon. This is all very interesting to me as I work towards my first marathon.
2 comments:
You have a 26 mile run this weekend? Holy moly! So you are running a marathon this weekend. Whoa. Be careful on that run, Liz, and good luck. I hope you don't get poured on too badly.
I'm looking at my last 20 miler this weekend. Actually, with some regret - after the good run last weekend, I've been liking it again.
Enjoy the 24-26 miler. I had been hoping to go that far prior to my marathon. Props to you for knocking it out.
Post a Comment