02 October 2005



Tim and I just returned from a relaxing 24 hours in Fishing Creek, Pennsylvania. Our friends wedding brought us to this stunning piece of land outside of Harrisburg, and it was incredibly hard to leave. As we pulled up to our lodge the first thing we noticed was the silence. The air was crisp, clean, and refreshing. We woke up early this morning to play golf...the course was deserted, allowing us to take in the scenery as we took our time playing the immaculate course.



I didn't get much running in this weekend. Only a short run yesterday, but I have definitely been rejuvinated in other ways. (I also got to see old old friends from Maine yesterday! It was a very joyful reunion!)

4 comments:

Jon (was) in Michigan said...

Wow! You know that's one of the things I miss the most about out east, the mountains (Its all so flat and dreadful here). Looks like a wonderful place to visit. I used to notice the quiet when I would go visit my folks, when I lived in town. Never been so happy to move out in the country.

Liz Chapman said...

Jon, thanks for your comments. I am always torn between the city and the country. I find that DC is a good mix. Not a huge city like NY, and close enough to the mountains, orchards, and wineries.

Anonymous said...

Excuse me, exactly how old is old?

Liz Chapman said...

Old= knowing someone for 25 years. Does that pass your test?

Patty, you will always be young in my eyes!!!! :)